Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering
The Aerospace Engineering (AERO) program is a multidisciplinary engineering theme aiming to graduate engineers with strong technical background in aerospace engineering and aviation industry while addressing the impact of the industry on the society, economy and environment. The program involves different aspects of aeronautics and astronautics. It emphasizes the following themes:
• Aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, aircraft propulsion, aeroelasticity and flight loads.
• Aircraft structures, materials and manufacturing.
• Aircraft design, flight mechanics, flight performance, aircraft dynamics, stability and control.
• Space environment and missions, attitude control and telecommunications, orbital mechanics, spacecraft engineering design and integration, and spacecraft propulsion.
• Aviation regulations and certification, aviation management, airport operation, aviation security awareness.
The program’s objective is to generate well-educated and qualified graduates who are able to support, develop and expand the aerospace industry within the United Arab Emirates and the region.
- Efficiently use state-of-the-art engineering tools and technical communications in different aspects of professional practices
- Develop their knowledge, creativity and leadership skills to cope with the rapidly evolving aerospace engineering technologies
- Be committed to ethical and professional standards and develop high level of awareness of social, economic, and environmental issues relevant to Aerospace Engineering Sciences.
- Efficiently design, manage, execute and/or evaluate aerospace engineering systems components to satisfy client/market needs per design specifications and/or requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 132 hours
General Education (Req. CH:33)
Cluster 1: Skills for the Future (Req. Ch:15)
|Area 2: English Communication (3 hours
|ESPU107||Introduction to Academic English For Engineering||3|
Cluster 2: The Human Community (Req. Ch:12)
|Area 2: Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 hours
|GENG315||Engineering Economics 3||3|
3 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 3: The Natural World (Req. Ch: 6)
|Area 1: Natural Sciences (3 hours
|CHEM111||General Chemistry I 4||3|
4 : Also counts towards the Major
Required Courses (Req. CH: 93)
Elective Courses (Req. CH: 6)
|A student must successfully complete 6 credit hours (2 courses) from the following course baskets with 3 credit hours (1 course only) from the Space Science Electives basket. (6 hours
Aerospace Engineering Electives Baskets (Req. CH: 3)
(A student must successfully complete 3 credit hours ( any 1 course) from the following elective baskets)
|Aerospace Structures and Manufacturing Electives Basket (3 hours
|AERO511||Aircraft Structures 2||3|
|Students opting BS-MS option in Mechanical Engineering can take any two 500-level courses above with the coordination of their advisor and Master Program Coordinator. (6 hours
Space Science Electives Basket (Req. CH: 3)