Bachelor of Science in Information Security
The BS in Information Security degree program is designed to develop expertise in the area of information and network security. The program main objective is to provide the management skills and technical knowledge needed to plan, acquire, operate, manage and evaluate an organization's information security operations. Students enrolled in this program are expected to pursue a plan of study to assure professional competence and breadth of knowledge in the field of information and network security. The emphasis of this program is on applying proven and innovative practices for building industry-standard secure systems, applications and networks. The program will go a long way toward meeting the growing need for information technology specialists with competence in IT in a broad sense along with relevant expertise in information and network security.
Enrollment and degree awarded for the past five years are as follows:
- Alumni will serve in UAE organizations of all sizes and employ their knowledge of information and network security, principles, theories, and applications in their job roles.
- Alumni will be engaged in designing, analyzing, auditing, testing, implementing and acquiring information and network security solutions for their organizations.
- Alumni will serve UAE society by being aware of the methodologies, techniques, tools and skills necessary for participating, competing and developing strong and cost effective information and network security solutions and products.
- Alumni will be committed to the highest standards of ethical practice relevant to the information and network security profession.
- Alumni will be able to encounter UAE market expectations with a set of professional skills including information and network security new technologies and tools, communication skills and team works.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 130 hours
General Education (Req. CH:33) Cluster 1: Skills for the Future (Req. Ch:15)
|Area 1: Innovation and Entrepreneurship (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ITBP418||Entrepreneurship in Information Technology 1||3|
1 : Also counts towards the Major
|Area 2: English Communication (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ESPU1081||Introduction to Academic English for Information Technology I||3|
|Area 3: Fourth Industrial Revolution (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|GEIT112||Fourth Industrial Revolution||3|
|Area 4: Critical Thinking (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CSBP119||Algorithms and Problem Solving 2||3|
2 : Also counts towards the Major
|Area 5: Quantitative Reasoning (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|MATH105||Calculus I 3||3|
3 : Area 5: Quantitative Reasoning
Cluster 2: The Human Community (Req. Ch:12)
|Area 1: Humanities and Fine Arts (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARCH366||History and Theories of Contemporary Architecture||3|
|HSR120||Introduction to Heritage & Culture||3|
|HSR130||Introduction to Language & Communication||3|
|PHI101||Introduction to Philosophy||3|
|Area 2: Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|AGRB210||Introduction to Agribusiness||3|
|ECON110||Principles of Economics||3|
|HSR140||Introduction to Society & Behavior||3|
|HSR150||Introduction to Government Policy & Urban Structures||3|
|PSYC100||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|GEO200||World Regional Geography||3|
|GEHP111||Happiness and Wellbeing||3|
|CURR103||Early Childhood Development & Learning||3|
|Area 3: Emirates Society (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Area 4: Islamic Culture (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ISLM101||Biography of the Prophet "Sira"||3|
Cluster 3: The Natural World (Req. Ch: 6)
|Area 1: Natural Sciences (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PHYS105||General Physics I 4||3|
4 : * Also counts towards the Major
|Area 2: Sustainability (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
College of Information Technology
|College Requirements (45 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CENG205||Digital Design & Computer Organization||3|
|CSBP219||Object Oriented Programming||3|
|CSBP315||Operating Systems Fundamentals||3|
|STAT210||Probability and Statistics||3|
|BIOC100||Basic Biology I 5||3|
|CHEM111||General Chemistry I||3|
|ITBP480||Senior Graduation Project I||3|
|ITBP481||Senior Graduation Project II||3|
|ITBP370||Professional Responsibility in Information Technology||3|
5 : * Either CHEM 111 or BIOC 100 should be taken
6 : The internship is conducted in the last semester. No courses are allowed to be registered during the internship
|Major Requirements (46 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CSBP121||Programming Lab I||1|
|CENG210||Communication & Networks Fundamentals||3|
|ITBP301||Security Principles & Practice||3|
|CSBP221||Programming Lab II||1|
|ISEC311||Network Security I||3|
|ISEC321||Network Security II||3|
|ISEC322||Design and Analysis of Security Protocols||3|
|ISEC323||Secure Software Design and Engineering||3|
|ISEC411||Privacy and Anonymity||3|
|ISEC413||Security Architecture and Mechanisms||3|
|ISEC414||Network Security Lab||1|
|ISEC421||Risk Analysis and Management||2|
|ISEC422||Security Policy, Laws, and Governance||3|
|ISEC423||Systems Security Lab||1|
|Major Electives (Students should select two course from the list below. (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ISEC416||Information Security Management||3|
|ISEC424||Hardware-Oriented Security and Trust||3|
|ISEC428||Special Topics in Information Security||3|
|ITBP280||Information Technology Project Management Exhibition||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها