Doctor of Philosophy in Law
The awarded degree in recognition of the completion of the requirements of this program is "Doctorate of Philosophy in Law", and it will be offered in Arabic. However, there will be an opportunity for the students to specialize in one branch of law through the elective courses studied and the subject of the dissertation which they will argue/defend. The Program will be offered at UAEU in Al Ain campus.
- Develop scholarly inquiry grounded in research and the reality of practice in the field of law.
- Offer a rigorous and innovative discipline-based knowledge that prepares students to succeed in a globally challenging, competitive and changing environment.
- Enhance professional growth, lifelong learning skills and leadership competencies in the area of specialization for career opportunities in different sectors.
- Adhere to professional integrity and research ethics, and be committed to values related to the field of law.
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to communicate clearly and effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Compare the Legislative, Jurisprudential and Judiciary trends in the field of specialization.
- Criticize legal provisions, jurisprudential opinions and judicial trends in the UAE and comparative legal systems.
- Undertake research that includes knowledge in the field of specialization.
- Communicate the key concepts in the field of specialization using appropriate language.
- Develop innovative solutions for contemporary legal issues.
- Express commitment to the relevant ethical and professional rules in the field of law.
- Lead a team to provide solutions for the relevant legal issues
Required Credit Hours : minimum 60 hours
Part 1: Core Requirement (12 Cr. Hrs.)
|Required Courses (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|LAW700||Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods||3|
|LAW701||Advanced Legal Research: Writing and Presentation||3|
|LAW702||Selected Legal Readings - E||3|
|LAW703||Advanced Studies in Comparative Legal Systems||3|
Part 2: Elective Requirement (12 Cr. Hrs including at least 9 Cr. Hrs. of courses taught in English)
|First Group: Public Law (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PUBL709||Public International Law - E||3|
|PUBL710||Criminal Procedure Law- E||3|
|PUBL713||International Crimes and Judicial System - E||3|
|PUBL714||Constitutional Law - E||3|
|PUBL715||Contemporary Crimes- E||3|
|Second Group: Private Law (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|PRVT711||Civil Procedures Law - E||3|
|PRVT712||Companies Law and Investment Legislation - E||3|
|PRVT716||Real-Estate Legislation- E||3|
|PRVT717||Private International Law- E||3|
|PRVT718||Securities and their Governing Legislation - E||3|
Part 3: Qualification Requirements
|Comprehensive Examination (0 hours )||Credit Hours|
Part 4: Research Requirements
|Dissertation Research (36 hours )||Credit Hours|
|LAW900||Dissertation Research 1||36|
1 : 12 Credit Hours per semester
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها