PhD Journey – Planning, Topic Selection, Research Basics, Timely Completion and PhD
Graduate Student Development Program Offers a Workshop on PhD Journey – Planning,
Topic Selection, Research Basics, Timely Completion, and PhD Fund
Date and Time:
Thursday, 16 February 2023
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Venue: F3 Building, Happiness Center Room 207 (Hybrid Workshop – Face2Face and Online)
Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 895 2226 6688
This workshop is intended for PhD and Masters students. Anyone interested is welcome
Dr. Ameera Mohammad
UAEU PhD Alumna, College of Engineering
Instructor, ERU, College of Engineering
This workshop is aimed to help PhD and Masters students with the following topics:
- PhD planning, coming up with a thesis/dissertation topic, external funding, timely
completion of PhD and Lab basics
- Goals of master/PhD programs (what to complete during the program in terms of conferences
and presentations, how many to attend, how many to apply to)
- How to use your PhD Fund?
- Publishing on top Scopus indexed journals, patent filing, engaging in research abroad
and research collaboration, enrolling in dual PhD with international universities,
ethical approval when conducting human/animal studies
- PhD defense tips. PhD Do’s and Don’ts. Managing PhD studies and life with a newborn
baby and tips on dealing with the supervisor.
Prepare questions that you have in regard to your PhD journey.
No registration is required.