Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) is becoming the cornerstone to any economy in the world. Since the spread of the Internet and communication applications in their diversified forms, IT became an integrated part of everyone's life in modern society. In UAE, IT plays a major role in the development of the society. Therefore, it is only natural to have the United Arab Emirates University offer a degree program in Information Technology with a strong IT foundation in addition to covering current IT trends such as: Cloud Computing, The Internet of Things, Mobile/Web Development and Big Data/Data Analytics. The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Enrollment and degree awarded for the past five years are as follows:
- Attain leadership roles that promote the development of IT.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of professional and ethical practices.
- Apply skills and knowledge to contribute to the evolution of the IT sector to serve the community.
- Acquire advanced competency levels in IT by engaging in continuous self-development, certification, and graduate studies.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem, and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Use systemic approaches to select, develop, apply, integrate, and administer secure computing technologies to accomplish user goals. [IT]
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 130 hours
General Education (Req. CH:33)
Cluster 1: Skills for the Future (Req. Ch:15)
|Area 5: Quantitative Reasoning (3 hours
|MATH105||Calculus I 3||3|
3 : Also counts towards the Major
Cluster 2: The Human Community (Req. Ch:12)
Cluster 3: The Natural World (Req. Ch: 6)
|Area 1: Natural Sciences (3 hours
|PHYS105||General Physics I 4||3|
4 : Also counts towards the Major
|Free Elective (6 hours