Minor in Tourism
The Minor in Tourism is an 18-credit hour program. It aims to prepare students for advancement in the field of tourism administration, heritage management, travel and tourism, and cultural heritage sectors. On successful completion of the Minor, students should be able to explain the key components and sectors of tourism system and their relationships, and to develop methods, practices and skills of protecting, preserving and displaying tangible and intangible tourism assets.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: Approval of department chair
- Targeted students: All students
- Preparing students for advancement in the field of tourism administration, heritage management, travel and tourism, and cultural heritage sectors.
- Training students to appreciate and reinforce tourism business with emphasis on the sustainability and promotion of cultural and natural resources in line with the growing demand for the tourism industry.
- Increasing the chances of student employability in tourism sectors.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain the key components and sectors of tourism system and their relationships.
- Recognize the significance of history, archaeological findings, cultural and heritage assets in the tourism contexts.
- Develop methods and skills of protecting, preserving and displaying tangible and intangible tourism assets of the UAE, Arab region and Near East.
- Evaluate the contemporary issues and the impacts of tourism on the environment, society, economy and culture at national, regional and international levels.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 18 hours
|Core Courses (Students must take these courses) (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|TOR101||Introduction to Tourism||3|
|TOR263||Tourism Resources in the UAE||3|
|TOR403||Tourism and Society||3|
|HIS381||UAE Architectural Heritage||3|
|Elective Courses (Choose two of the following courses one of which must be at the 300 level or above) (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|HIS215||Ancient History & Archaeology of Near East||3|
|HIS217||Material Culture of Islamic World||3|
|HIS310||Introduction to Archaeology & Museum Studies||3|
|TOR350||Tourism and the Environment||3|
|GEO461||Geography of Tourism||3|
|MSC452||Public Relations & Advertising Campaigns||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها