Master of Science in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems
The Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems Master of Science Program at UAE University is the first of its kind in the region. It is designed to provide you with the theoretical background and practical skills to start or advance your career in remote sensing and GIS. Our curriculum has been specifically developed to suit students from diverse academic backgrounds and professional occupations. No prior remote sensing or GIS experience is required to excel in the program. (Total credit hours is 30 for theses and 34 for no-theses).
- Discuss the theoretical background and practical skills for a career in Remote Sensing or GIS.
- Identify the recent advances in Remote Sensing, GIS and GNSS relating that with scientific research and its role in the society.
- Apply analytical and spatial thinking skills needed for successful use of remote sensing and GIS in solving spatial problems.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Discuss the theoretical principles of remote sensing and GIS and their role in modeling and solving environmental, urban and social issues.
- Recognize advanced analysis and interpretation skills needed in remote sensing and GIS.
- Apply practical remote sensing and GIS procedures for assessing and solving environmental, urban, geologic and societal problems.
- Communicate remote sensing and GIS related ideas and results both orally and in writing.
- Develop remote sensing and GIS project management, team work and leadership skills.
- Produce scientific research related to the applications of remote sensing and GIS.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 30 hours
Remote Sensing and GIS
Thesis or Capstone
|Required Courses (Min CH:4 and Max CH:6) (6 hours
1 : Required for Non-Thesis
2 : Required for Thesis