Master of Science in Information Security
The Master of Science in Information Security program, offered by the College of Information Technology, is designed to develop expertise in leadership and operations in the area of information security. The program is geared towards meeting the growing need for information technology specialists in information security. The program provides graduates with depth courses designed to enhance their skill set and knowledge in information security as well as breadth information technology courses. The program provides the needed technical and managerial expertise to plan, acquire, operate, manage and evaluate an organization's information security system of operations. Students enrolled in this program are expected to pursue a plan of study to assure professional competence and breadth of knowledge in the field of information security. The emphasis of this specialization is on applying proven and innovative practices for building industry-standard secure systems, applications and networks. This program is for highly motivated groups of working professionals and recent Bachelor's degree graduates. The program is designed to impart knowledge and develop the skills needed to meet current and future information security needs of the government and corporate organizations, as well as preparing students to pursue a Ph.D. in information security or related areas.
- Identify and effectively use techniques and tools necessary in information security practice;
- Develop project management and leadership skills to secure enterprise IT architectures;
- Apply security principles, legal and ethical responsibilities to the development, and deployment of information security policies;
- Improve skills and expand knowledge for life-long learning and professional growth;
- Comply with international information security standard and local regulatory policies.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply information security knowledge and effective security strategies and standards.
- Design effective security solutions based on given requirements.
- Evaluate in depth enterprise security systems.
- Execute ethically project work or research that contributes significantly to the information security discipline.
- Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills individually and collectively.
- Analyze critically emerging information security concepts, models, techniques, and solutions.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 30 hours
College of Information Technology
Project or Thesis
(If Project option is chosen, an additional elective will need to be taken for 3 CH )