Master of Science in Chemistry
The M.Sc. in Chemistry is a 30 CH’s program that is offered both full and part time within the Department of Chemistry. Students are required to complete 24 credit hours of coursework in addition to 6 credit hours assigned to research and a completion of a M.Sc. thesis. In addition to 2 CH of college requirements, the coursework includes 5 compulsory courses in chemistry, namely 2 supportive courses (4 CH) and 3 core chemistry courses (9 CH), and 3 elective courses (9 CH), that allow the student to specialize in any specific topic related chemistry. Student progress is overseen by a research supervisor (and co-supervisors) and a thesis defense committee. The program is a fee-based program open for all students who meet the entry requirements.
- To provide students with in-depth knowledge of advanced topics in their chosen sub-discipline of chemistry.
- To graduate students with the skills necessary to carry out independent research.
- To develop students' communication and team-work skills.
- To produce graduates who are well prepared for the workplace or further studies (Ph.D.) in chemistry.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Solve complex problems in chemical applications.
- Use modern methods to carry out research and solve real life problems.
- Properly document and present the results of research work.
- Work effectively in teams and manage group tasks.
- Apply appropriate ethical standards to issues related to science, research, and work.
- Critically evaluate new information in the field of chemistry
Required Credit Hours : minimum 30 hours
|Required Courses (2 hours )||Credit Hours|
|COSC502||Ethics of Scientific Research||1|
Chemistry Required Courses
|Compulsory Supportive Courses (4 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Core Courses (Student should take only 3 courses from the following) (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CHEM531||Advanced Organic Synthesis||3|
|CHEM541||Advanced Biochemistry I||3|
|CHEM551||Advanced Inorganic Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM561||Advanced Physical Chemistry I||3|
|Elective Courses (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CHEM523||Separation & Chromatographic Techniques||3|
|CHEM533||Organic Reaction Mechanisms||3|
|CHEM534||Catalysis in Organic Chemistry||3|
|CHEM641||Advanced Biochemistry II||3|
|CHEM651||Advanced Inorganic Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM661||Advanced Physical Chemistry II||3|
|Required Course (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها