Minor in Geology
The department of geology offers a minor program in geology for science students enrolled in any non-major geology programs. The minor consists of 18 credit hours, at least 9 of which will be upper division work to be taken from a basket of courses. The minor is designed to provide the students with a strong foundation in fundamental principles of geology. The minor aims at developing knowledge and skills in problem solving and critical thinking.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: None
- Targeted students: All students except those with a major in Geosciences.
- To establish themselves as effective professionals and experts in terms problem solving, creativity, and critical thinking.
- To develop learning skills and synthesize knowledge in order to move to higher level of learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Recognize and apply the core theories and principles of geology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the scientific concepts needed to solve geological problems.
- Apply critical reasoning skills to model and solve geology related problems.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 18 hours
Geology Required Courses
|Student should take 6 courses from the following list: (18 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CHEM111||General Chemistry I||3|
|PHYS105||General Physics I||3|
|PHYS110||General Physics II||3|
|BIOC100||Basic Biology I||3|
|GEOL300||Igneous and Metamorphic Rocks||3|
|GEOL340||Sedimentation and sedimentary rocks||3|
|GEOL400||Remote Sensing and GIS||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها