Minor in Statistics and Data Analytics
This Minor in Statistics and Data Analytics aims to provide students from majors other than statistics with training in applied statistics and data analytics. The minor aims to equip students with core knowledge and competencies in probability, statistical methods, regression, and data visualization along with a variety of elective courses in statistics and data analytics. These elective courses will allow students to focus on statistical techniques and applications of their interest. The minor will enhance the students’ analytical, quantitative, and data analysis skills which will improve their job prospects and better prepare them for graduate studies and research.
- Student must have successfully completed at least 30 CH.
- The student must a have a Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application.
- The student must have successfully completed MATH 105 or its equivalent.
- The student must have successfully completed one of the following courses: STAT 130, STAT 202, STAT 210, STAT 235, STAT 280 or any equivalent course.
- Targeted students: All students except those with a major in Statistics and Data Analytics
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills in basic and inferential statistical methods and modeling, and probability theory.
- Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and analytics skills when solving real-life problems and conducting research.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze data using statistical software and analytic algorithms.
- Students will be able to demonstrate effective communication skills that facilitate the effective presentation of the statistical findings and analysis results.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Develop knowledge of statistical and data analytics theory.
- Apply common inferential and modelling techniques in analyzing data from various fields.
- Utilize statistical and data visualization software effectively to acquire, manipulate, and analyze data.
- Interpret and communicate the results of statistical analysis effectively in various formats.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 18 hours
Statistics and Data Analytics
|Required Courses (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|STAT230||Principles of Probability||3|
|STAT240||Data Exploration and Analysis||3|
|BANA200||Managing with Analytics||3|
|Select any two courses from the following list: (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|STAT380||Statistical Machine Learning||3|
|STAT400||Applied Multivariate Analysis||3|
|STAT430||Categorical Data Analysis||3|
|STAT475||Selected Topics in Statistics and Data Analytics||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها