Minor in Writing (Interdisciplinary in Arabic)
This Minor helps graduates to work at media institutions, where they practice writing essays, reports and other types of writing to T.V., newspapers. etc. This Minor also develop graduates’ skills and expertise, then prepare them to work in cultural associations and centers, where they put their theoretical experience in practice.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: Approval of department chair
- Targeted students: All students.
- To help students to develop graduate skills in writing for T.V, newspapers..etc.
- To put a theoretical experience in practice and prepare students to work in cultural associations and centers
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Introduce an understanding of the different nature of, and skills required for professional and creative writing in Arabic.
- Demonstrate greater skills in written communications in Arabic
- Develop critical and creative language awareness.
- Have an increased awareness of the place of creative and professional writing in Arabic within an increasingly globalized UAE society.
- Improve aptitudes and skills necessary for further scholarship or employment in the domains in which Arabic writing is studied or practiced.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 18 hours
Students must take these courses
|Required Courses (18 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARB205||Writing and Technology||3|
|MSC235||Principles of the Writing for Media 1||3|
|TRS200||Introduction to Translation 2||3|
1 : Mass Communication students take ARB 130
2 : Translation students take ARB 130
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها