Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
The Master of science program in Electrical Engineering provides advanced study opportunities for electrical engineers. The program includes elective courses, enabling students to individually tailor their programs to provide emphasis in a particular specialization (e.g., Power, control, communication, etc.). Areas of study include power systems, power electronics, electronics, control systems, computer engineering and communication systems. The program has a thesis and non-thesis options. The program provides the graduates with all the necessary abilities to pursue in a PhD program and/or actively participate in the management and maintenance of new technological innovations as well as the involvement in the development and design of new products. Other objectives include establishing strong two-way relationships with the local industry and governmental establishments, in addition to promoting scientific research and development (R&D) activities.(Total credit hours is 30 which includes 9 credit hours of thesis work).
- Provide graduates with a high level of analytical and applied skills necessary to actively participate in technology innovations in addition to maintaining the present ones in the UAE and abroad.
- Promote the interaction between UAE University and the local industry. The industry is encouraged not only to actually participate in selecting the various courses and their contents but also to have an effective role in endorsing the research themes of the students, especially those on study leave from the industry. Consequently, co-supervision from qualified scientists and researchers from the industry is encouraged.
- Promote the creative thinking skills among graduates necessary for lifelong learning.
- Promote scientific research and development (R&D) activities.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of highly specialized electrical engineering principles, concepts, and methodologies .
- Evaluate the performance of advanced electrical engineering systems and components through the use of applicable research principles, analytical methods and modelling techniques.
- Conduct advanced applied research to develop innovative solutions for highly complex electrical engineering problems through the use of appropriately selected research methodologies and modern engineering tools.
- Apply advanced multidisciplinary problem-solving approaches to critically analyze contemporary, sophisticated, and highly complex electrical engineering problems.
- Present and critique highly complex industrial electrical engineering issues and communicate effectively at a high level of proficiency.
- Demonstrate leadership and management of professional activities and ethical issues in highly complex electrical engineering projects.
- Recognize the social, environmental, ethical, economic and commercial considerations and professional responsibilities affecting highly complex industrial electrical engineering projects.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 30 hours