Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership and Policy Studies in Education
The proposed PhD program in Leadership and Policy Studies in Education prepares students to address key research issues facing educational leadership in the UAE. Students in the program will acquire expertise in applying and evaluating appropriate research methodologies to recent developments in the field of education relevant to leadership and policy issues.
- Offer a rigorous and innovative discipline-based knowledge that prepares students to succeed in a globally challenging, competitive and changing environment.
- Develop graduates’ scholarly inquiry grounded in research and the reality of practice in education.
- Enhance graduates’ professional growth, lifelong learning skills and leadership competencies in the area of specialization for career opportunities in educational sectors.
- Provide opportunities for graduates to adhere to professional integrity and research ethics, and be committed to values related to the area of specialization.
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to communicate clearly and effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze educational issues and topics of interest in the field of Leadership and Policy Studies in Education.
- Create an original research in Leadership and Policy Studies in Education that adds to human knowledge.
- Assess issues, decisions, or practices in Leadership and Policy Studies in Education applying relevant research methodology to finding a possible solution.
- Explain the major tenets of Leadership and Policy Studies in Education orally, and in writing, to different audience.
- Devise strategies or actions that resolve ethical issues in Leadership and Policy Studies in Education.
- Apply research skills in Leadership and Policy Studies in Education to other work environments and career opportunities inside and outside academia.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 60 hours
|Required Courses (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CURR701||Curriculum Theory and Practice||3|
|FOED702||Organizational theory in educational leadership||3|
|SPED704||Teaching Students from Culturally and Linguistically Divers Background||3|
|Research Methodology Requirements (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CURR710||Quantitative Research Methods in Education||3|
|CURR713||Qualitative Research Methods in Education||3|
|CURR715||Mixed Methods Research in Education||3|
Specialization Elective Courses
|Student should take any 3 courses from the following list (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|FOED704||Philosophy of Education||3|
|FOED720||Comparative and International Education||3|
|FOED721||Sociology of Education||3|
|FOED722||Leading School Change||3|
|FOED723||Leadership & Policy in Adult Education||3|
|FOED724||Ethics of Educational Leadership||3|
|Students should take one course only from the following courses (3 hours )||Credit Hours|
|FOED701||Policy studies in Education||3|
|STAT712||Advanced Quantitative Research Methods||3|
|Required Courses (0 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Required Courses (30 hours )||Credit Hours|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها