Doctor of Philosophy in Food Science and Technology
The PhD program in Food Science and Technology aims to provide students an opportunity to gain advanced knowledge related to Food Quality and Safety, Food Chemistry and Analysis, Food Process technology and Engineering as well as Innovative and Functional Foods. The program is designed to reinforce and enhance the knowledge of the students in scientific principles and processes used to produce safe and high-quality foods. In addition, the program provides a science-based professional education that encompasses theory, practical research, and application of science and technology to conventional and novel foods. Furthermore, this program is designed to produce food science postgraduate experts with the knowledge and skills essential for excelling in the professional world. PhD graduates in Food Science and technology will have an opportunity to be academic leaders, research scientists, and take managerial positions in industrial sectors.
- To prepare and create future leaders of excellence in research, industry, and government sectors.
- To enhance R & D capabilities with advanced skills among the graduates to serve the society.
- To improve student’s competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, team work and effective communication.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Prove deep understanding of diverse aspects of food science.
- Conduct original research and apply multidisciplinary approach for the development of food science discipline.
- Display competence in scholarly writing and oral communication of the scientific topics related to food science.
- Collect and interpret the scientific data using advanced techniques.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 54 hours
|Required Courses (18 hours )||Credit Hours|
|STAT715||Design and Analysis of Experiments in Applied Sciences||3|
|COSC702||Ethics of Scientific Research II||1|
|COFA760||Advance Scientific Writing||2|
|FDSC750||Advanced Food Chemistry II||3|
|FDSC760||Advanced Food Processing 2||3|
|FDSC805||Advanced Food Analysis II||3|
|FDSC820||Advanced Food Microbiology - II||3|
|Students should either select two courses from the list below or one course from the list below and any 3-credit hour 700-level course offered by UAEU and approved by the Advisory Committee. (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|FDSC715||Advanced Shelf Life of Stored Foods||3|
|FDSC710||Advanced Food Physics||3|
|FDSC790||Conceptual & Multidisciplinary Food Science Studies||3|
|Required Courses (0 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Required Courses (30 hours )||Credit Hours|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها