Minor in Chinese Language
The Minor in Chinese Language is an 18-credit hour program. It aims to provide university students in various disciplines an opportunity to learn Chinese language and culture through well-constructed courses tailed to the purpose. The establishment of the minor degree in Chinese language is also a response to the growing interest in China and Chinese language in the UAE with the emergence of China in economy and international affairs. The program will cover a two-year period to enable students to have good command of Chinese language for them to do further study, travel, and venture business with Chinese in China.
- Min grade requirement: None
- Pre-requisite: Approval of department chair
- Targeted students: All students
- To enable students to listen, speak, read and write Chinese at beginning, intermediate and advanced levels (Level 1 to Level 4 of the HSK) (Chinese proficiency test for speakers of other language).
- To acquire a solid foundation in the study of Chinese literature and Culture
- To gain working knowledge of Chinese Language to prepare students for graduate study in China-related fields, to work in contexts where the language and culture are pertinent.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate abilities in comprehending daily conversations and audio input in Standard Modern Chinese.
- Demonstrate abilities in comprehending written materials on various topics in Standard Modern Chinese.
- Apply basic Chinese grammatical rules in speaking Standard Modern Chinese effectively with vocabularies appropriate to the context.
- Apply basic Chinese grammatical rules in writing correct sentences in various topics.
- Demonstrate proficiency in burgeoning Chinese language in global business and international communications.
- Demonstrate understanding of the unique Chinese social and traditional elements of communication with special attention paid to business, economics and translation.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 18 hours
|Required Courses (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CHIN101||Beginning Chinese I||3|
|CHIN102||Beginning Chinese II||3|
|CHIN201||Intermediate Chinese I||3|
|CHIN202||Intermediate Chinese II||3|
|Students should take two course from the list below (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|CHIN301||Introduction to Chinese Culture (in English)||3|
|CHIN402||Chinese Language and Culture||3|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها