Master of Social Work
Master of Social Work (MSW) programs prepare graduates for advanced professional practice in an area of concentration. The MSW program will prepare UAEU graduates to enter the job force as specialized practitioners, accepting leadership roles within the areas of health/mental health, criminal justice, applied research, policy analysis, community education, schools and in the planning and provision of social services in other areas. The Master of Social Work consists of 30 credit hours of specialized course-work and practicum for students with a Bachelor degree in Social Work (BSW). The MSW program also welcomes students with a bachelor degree in disciplines other than social work. However, for these students, the program of study will consist of foundation courses (30 credit hours) in year 1 and specialization courses (30 credit hours) in year 2 for a total of 60 credits hours.
- Practice in accordance with social work values and ethics that acknowledge the history and laws of UAE society.
- Practice in a culturally competent manner that promotes quality of life and well-being, human rights and social and economic justice, with diverse Arab, Muslim and expatriate populations of the UAE and GCC.
- Use, produce and apply research knowledge to enhance their skills for practice with the diverse Arab/Muslim families, children, individuals, groups, organizations, communities, and societies of the UAE and GCC.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Use communication/facilitation skills ethically in building empowering relationships with the diverse populations in the UAE, the Arab Gulf and internationally.
- Employ skills for influencing policy formulation and change in communities that advance social and economic justice.
- Apply knowledge and leadership skills in managing projects, and working with community groups and/or organizations to address populations at risk and engage in community resource development
- Demonstrate skills in quantitative/qualitative research design, data analysis, program evaluation, practice evaluation, community needs assessments, and knowledge dissemination.
- Apply the knowledge, values, ethical principles, and skills of a generalist social work perspective to practice with diverse social systems in the UAE, the Arab Gulf and internationally.
- Analyze social policies at a local, regional, national, and international level.
- Evaluate existing research studies and one’s own practice interventions.
- Function within the structure of organizations and service delivery systems and seek necessary organizational change.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 30 hours
|Required Courses (21 hours )||Credit Hours|
|SWK640||Models and Methods of Social Work Practice||3|
|SWK642||Leadership & Supervision||3|
|SWK645||Intermediate Social Work Research||3|
|SWK695||Field Practicum II||9|
|Elective Courses - 9CH (3 courses) from a specialization track (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Health/Mental Health (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|SWK671||Social Work Practice with At Risk Students||3|
|SWK690||Social Work & Traditional Help Seeking Behavior||3|
|SWK691||Social Work in Behavioral Health Settings||3|
|Criminal Justice/Substance Abuse (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|SWK680||Social Work in Criminal Justice Settings||3|
|SWK681||Social Work & Addictions||3|
|SWK682||Techniques in Rehabilitation Counseling||3|
|For Students without the BSW degree (30 hours )||Credit Hours|
|SWK500||Social Welfare Policy and Services: A worldview||3|
|SWK510||Human Behavior and Social Environments I||3|
|SWK511||Human Behavior and Social Environments II||3|
|SWK520||Research Methods for Social Work Practice||3|
|SWK540||Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families||3|
|SWK541||Social Work Practice with Groups||3|
|SWK542||Social Work Practice with Communities and Organizations||3|
|SWK590||Field Education I||8|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها