Master of Science in Horticulture
Graduates from the Master's Degree in Horticulture are in high demand in the current job market. The occupational positions which can be filled by graduates of this proposed program include, but are not limited to, horticulture architects and designers, city horticulturists, research assistants and university instructors, among many others. Students can focus their study in the areas of horticulture, agro-ecology, biotechnology, breeding, crop physiology, crop production, mineral nutrition, modeling and quantitative horticulture, plant growth and development, post-harvest physiology, renegotiation/restoration, as well as sustainable water management.
- To prepare future leaders for industry, business and government agencies.
- To prepare students for PhD programs in various Horticultural science disciplines.
- To train students in interdisciplinary programs with emphasis on achieving career goals and objectives.
- To graduate students who are competitive in national and international job markets.
- To enhance students’ abilities in scientific methodology in collecting, summarizing and analyzing research data.
- To prepare students to engage in high-level, horticultural problem solving.
- To train students to meet job requirements, enhance skills and to pursue life-long learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Discuss contemporary issues related to horticultural challenges.
- Evaluate horticultural components, processes and the role of anthropogenic factors.
- Evaluate available resources, issues and challenges related to horticultural in UAE.
- Design and conduct scientific horticulture research, and use quantitative methods to analyze results.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills to resolve problems, creatively and independently.
- Evaluate issues of ethical behavior in science, critically and reflectively.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral presentation skills.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 36 hours
|Required Course (6 hours