Master of Science in Food Science
MSc Food Science program aims to give students an opportunity to gain advanced knowledge related to Food Quality and Safety, Food Chemistry and Analysis, Food Processing and Engineering as well as Innovative and Functional Foods. The program is designed to reinforce and enhance the student’s knowledge of scientific principles and processes used to produce safe and high-quality foods. In addition, the program provides a science-based professional education that encompasses theory, practical research, and application of science and technology to conventional and novel foods. The program is designed to produce expert food science postgraduates with the knowledge and skills to develop and further excel in the professional world.
- Provide students with advanced theoretical and research knowledge in the field.
- Empower students to integrate and apply knowledge of food science to real-world issues in food systems, components, products, and processes.
- Produce highly trained graduates able to meet leadership needs of national and international professional careers.
- Develop well-prepared graduates to become research leaders and innovators in food science field.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Discuss advanced concepts, theories, and emerging food science methodologies.
- Apply core knowledge of food science to identify problems and propose solutions in the field.
- Design and conduct scientific research in the field of food science, and use quantitative methods to analyze results.
- Communicate scientific and technical knowledge in written and oral forms to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food science contemporary issues, ethics, and professional responsibility.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 30 hours
|Required Courses (15 hours )||Credit Hours|
|COSC502||Ethics of Scientific Research||1|
|FDSC610||Advanced Food Chemistry - 1||2|
|FDSC622||Advanced Food Analysis - I||2|
|FDSC633||Advanced Food Processing - I||3|
|FDSC640||Advanced Food Microbiology - I||3|
|Elective Courses - 6 CH for Thesis and 12 CH for Non-Thesis (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|FDSC631||Enzymes Technology and Fermentation||3|
|FDSC645||Advanced Food Quality||3|
|FDSC660||Novel and Functional Foods||3|
|FDSC691||Special Topics in Food Science||3|
|FDSC620||Food structure and rheology||3|
|FDSC625||Food waste and by-product utilization||3|
|FDSC715||Advanced Shelf Life of Stored Foods 1||3|
1 : Students can take this courses when approved by the Advisory Committee
|Project or Thesis (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|FDSC695||Graduation Research Project 2||3|
|FDSC699||Research Thesis 3||9|
2 : For non-thesis option
3 : For Thesis Option
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها