Master of Science in Architectural Engineering
The Architectural Engineering Department offers a Master of Science (MSc) degree in Architectural Engineering for students with interests in the design, construction and operation of high performing built environment. The MSc degree prepares students for specialized roles in professional practice as well as for advanced study at the doctoral level. The program includes rigorous architecture engineering course work on topics related to building science, engineering systems, sustainable development and high-performance design at various scales of the built environment. The program culminates in either a research-based project or a thesis. Applicants are expected to have undergraduate architectural or architectural engineering backgrounds, either with a BSc degree in Architectural Engineering from UAE University or equivalent in a closely related area.(Total credit hours is 30 which includes 9 credit hours of thesis work).
- Develop meaningful research on interactions between buildings and the surrounding environment at the local, national, and regional levels.
- Provide research and professional training necessary for graduates to advance and move into higher professional or academic functions.
- Maintain high international academic standards in research and professional students’ learning outcomes.
- Promote the collaboration between the Architectural Engineering research and graduate studies and the government and industrial sectors nationally and internationally.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced research techniques and methods to the analysis and solution of engineering problems.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge sufficient to analyze complex environmental issues related to building and urban systems.
- Develop comprehensive engineering systems, highly specialized components, or appropriate processes for built environment.
- Apply advanced knowledge in a specialized and emerging area in high performance built environment.
- Develop communication skills to present, explain and criticize highly complex issues.
- Evaluate engineering systems in high performance built environment according to relevant regulations and codes.
- Evaluate knowledge of contemporary professional practice in high performance built environment.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 30 hours
|Required Courses (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARCH601||Graduate Research Seminar||0|
|ARCH603||High Performance Buildings||3|
|ARCH608||Design Management for the Built Environment||3|
|Students should select only 3 courses from the list below (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARCH614||Sustainable Community Develop||3|
|ARCH616||Impact Assessment for the Built Environment||3|
|ARCH617||Selected Topics in Architectural Engineering||3|
|ARCH623||Integrated Construction Tools and Processes||3|
|ARCH631||Advanced Illumination and Daylighting||3|
|ARCH632||Climate Research in Build Energy Efficiency||3|
|ARCH633||Water Efficiency in the Built Environment||3|
|ARCH634||Building Science Experiment Research Lab||3|
|ARCH635||Fenestration Analysis & Design||3|
|Required course (9 hours )||Credit Hours|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها