Master of Educational Innovation
The Master of Educational Innovation program aims to prepare teachers and leaders to be innovative in their teaching and school leadership practices. The program does not only focus on helping students acquire new knowledge in teaching and school leadership, but also on enhancing learners' skills through teamwork, collaborative learning, and linking theory to practice. In addition, the program provides learners with new frameworks and thinking patterns that cherish innovation and acceptance of change to keep pace with developments in education. Finally, the program allows students to focus on scientific research skills and use them to solve issues and problems that they might face in their workplaces in new and innovative ways. Arabic is the main language of instruction in this program.
The Master of Educational Innovation Program comes as a result of collaboration between the UAE University represented by the College of Education and the Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation for outstanding educational performance. The Foundation fully sponsors a minimum of 10 students annually to join this program. A noteworthy point is that this program is also open to applicants from outside the Foundation.
The Master of Educational Innovation offers two concentrations of study: Innovation in School Leadership and Innovation in Teaching. The program is a 30 credit hour program where students study 10 courses over the period of around 18 months. The total fees of the program, excluding the 200AED application fees, is 72000AED, and for the course is 7200AED. The Master of Educational Innovation program is delivered in a face-to-face format with classes held on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon (from around 4:00 – 7:00 pm) and on Saturdays all day (from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm). The program is offered at Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Center for Giftedness and Innovation, Al Beda’a, Dubai.
- Support distinguished teachers and educational leaders across the United Arab Emirates.
- Develop teachers and educational leaders’ skills and abilities.
- Supply the educational field with outstanding national force that can contribute to the prosperity and development of the society.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Establish a national network of best practice related to innovation
- Critique innovational educational theories and practices.
- Design innovational learning programs to meet diverse learners’ needs.
- Create innovative projects to improve school performance.
- Conduct innovative research projects to improve educational practices.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 30 hours
Innovation in Teaching Concentration
Innovation in School Leadership Concentration