Doctor of Philosophy in Science Education
The proposed PhD program in Science Education prepares students to address key research issues related to Science education in the UAE. Students in the program will acquire expertise in applying and evaluating appropriate research methodologies to inform recent developments in the field of Science education.
- Offer a rigorous and innovative discipline-based knowledge that prepares students to succeed in a globally challenging, competitive and changing environment.
- Develop graduates’ scholarly inquiry grounded in research and the reality of practice in education.
- Enhance graduates’ professional growth, lifelong learning skills and leadership competencies in the area of specialization for career opportunities in educational sectors.
- Provide opportunities for graduates to adhere to professional integrity and research ethics, and be committed to values related to the area of specialization.
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to communicate clearly and effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze educational issues and topics of interest in the field of Science Education.
- Create an original research in Science Education that adds to human knowledge.
- Assess issues, decisions, or practices in Science Education applying relevant research methodology to finding a possible solution.
- Explain the major tenets of Science Education orally, and in writing, to different audience.
- Devise strategies or actions that resolve ethical issues in Science Education.
- Apply research skills in Science Education to other work environments and career opportunities inside and outside academia.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 60 hours
Specialization Elective Courses