Doctor of Philosophy in Public Health
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in Public Health is designed to provide student with sufficient knowledge, research skills and competency in a wide variety of areas that will prepare him/her for a career in public health and epidemiology research, academia and leadership. The program embraces both course work as well as original research work completion. The combination of unique courses will cover several public health topics, epidemiology, bio-statistics, and research methodology. This 54-credit hours PhD program is typically finished in four to six years. The program will intend to contribute to the advancement of the UAE knowledge-based economy through community engagement and knowledge transfer. The program will enhance scientific innovation through research and establish the UAEU as a leader in public health research within the country and region.
- Develop scholarly inquiry grounded in research and the reality of practice in the discipline area.
- Offer a rigorous and innovative discipline-based knowledge that prepares students to succeed in a globally challenging, competitive and changing environment.
- Enhance professional growth, lifelong learning skills and leadership competencies in the area of specialization for career opportunities in different sectors.
- Adhere to professional integrity and research ethics, and be committed to values related to the area of specialization.
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to communicate clearly and effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Synthesize new knowledge by engaging in original research using advanced concepts and methods of public health data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Evaluate major health-related needs, concerns and trends using public health concepts and methods to improve the human health.
- Analyze, critically, the biological, occupational, environmental, socio-economic, behavioral, cultural, and other determinants that impact human health.
- Design effective communications, policies and strategies for promoting health and preventing diseases.
- Evaluate the legal, ethical, economic, and regulatory dimensions of public health.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 54 hours