Doctor of Philosophy in Cellular and Molecular Biology
The awarded degree, in recognition of the completion of the requirements of this program, is "Doctor in Cellular and Molecular Biology”. The study plan for the Ph.D. Program shall consist of a total of 54 credit hours. The Ph.D. students must complete all degree requirements in a minimum of six (6) and a maximum of twelve (12) semesters after matriculation. The Program includes 6 credit hours of College of Science (COS) mandatory courses, 9 credit hours of Program compulsory courses, 6 CH credit hours of Program electives and 30 credit hours for Thesis. The PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology is a full-time and English based program. Applicants must have successfully completed a Master degree or equivalent in Biology or related filed, with associated cumulative GPA of 3.3 or more (on scale of 4) and should provide a proof of proficiency in English. IELTS of less than two years with a minimum score of 6 is required. TOEFL is also accepted.
- Develop scholarly inquiry grounded in research and the reality of practice in the sciences.
- Offer a rigorous and innovative discipline-based knowledge that prepares students to succeed in a globally challenging, competitive and changing environment.
- Enhance professional growth, lifelong learning skills and leadership competencies in the area of specialization for career opportunities in relation with Science.
- Adhere to professional integrity and research ethics, and be committed to values related to the area of specialization.
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to communicate clearly and effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Retrieve and Apply advanced knowledge to solve problems in Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- Perform independently an original work of advanced research on a topic in Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- Analyze quantitatively and critically open problems in Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- Communicate effectively Cellular and Molecular Biology finding to a specialized audience as well as the general public.
- Articulate strategies to tackle identified ethical and safety issues that may arise in the field.
- Supervise effectively group efforts to achieve specific tasks.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 54 hours