Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Engineering
The Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Engineering (PhD in Architectural Engineering) provides students with a unique opportunity to demonstrate innovation in a wide range of architectural engineering research areas. The PhD in Architectural Engineering degree is awarded to candidates who successfully complete a program of advanced courses, qualification and research requirements and dissertation defense. Students are expected to carry out an independent investigation in an architectural engineering research area under supervision of experienced researchers. Graduates of the program are anticipated to meet the challenges in the architectural engineering discipline and provide innovative solutions based on the most recent developments in architectural engineering.
- Offer a rigorous and innovative engineering education that promotes innovative research in engineering areas related to national priorities
- Prepare graduates to be inquisitive, to reason critically, and to lead nationally and globally
- Contribute to the advancement of the UAE knowledge-based economy and quality of life through community engagement, knowledge transfer, and industry partnership
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify gaps in the current state of knowledge and outline directions to produce new knowledge at the frontier of the architectural engineering discipline.
- Apply advanced theories and research methodologies to critically analyze open research problems in architectural engineering and develop innovative solutions.
- Produce and defend an original research work that advances the state of the art in the architectural engineering discipline.
- Communicate research findings, orally and in writing, at a high level of proficiency to faculty, peers, and the lay public.
- Evaluate and manage complex professional engineering activities and diverse ethical issues within the work context.
Required Credit Hours : minimum 54 hours
|Required Courses (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
|GENG701||PhD Research Seminar||1|
|GENG710||Optimization Methods for Engineering||3|
|Students should take four (4) courses from the following electives as approved by the Advisory Committee (12 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARCH710||Advanced Qualitative Research Methods||3|
|ARCH711||Behavior and Building Performance||3|
|ARCH712||Advanced Critical Thinking in the Built Environment||3|
|ARCH713||Planning for Urban Resilience||3|
|ARCH714||Housing and Urbanization||3|
|ARCH715||Energy Optimization in Built Environment Design||3|
|ARCH716||Advanced Intelligent Built Environment Systems||3|
|Required Courses (0 hours )||Credit Hours|
|Required Courses (30 hours )||Credit Hours|
|ARCH900||Dissertation Doctoral Research||30|
|Any two (2) 700-level courses offered by the University, as approved by the Advisory Committee (6 hours )||Credit Hours|
لايوجد محتوى عربي لهذه الصفحة
يوجد مشكلة في الصفحة التي تحاول الوصول إليها